12 May Health Benefits of Chicken
Chicken is the most common type of poultry in the world. Apart from being delicious and extremely versatile with a variety of cuisines and flavours, chicken also has several health benefits. Chicken is high in protein, is the most economical source of protein and is filled with many nutrients. TSMC breaks down the many reasons why chicken is so good for you –
- High Protein Content: Chicken is one of the richest sources of protein. It has 18g of protein per 100g. Protein plays an important role in our diet; it is the building blocks of muscles. The recommended amount of protein for a normal person is 1 gram per 1 kg of body weight, per day.
- Important Source of Vitamins and Minerals: Chicken is also a very good source of vitamins and minerals. It contains Vitamin B, D and A which helps to boost immunity, strengthen bones and improve eyesight, respectively.
- Weight Loss: High-protein diets have been known to be effective in reducing weight. Since chicken has high protein content, consuming it as part of a balanced diet can help one lose weight.
- Control of Blood Pressure: Research has shown that consuming chicken helps to control blood pressure.
- Reduced Cancer Risk: Studies have found that in non-vegetarians, a higher consumption of red meat, increased the risk of colorectal cancer, while in chicken and fish eaters, the risk of developing colorectal cancer in later life was reduced.
- Reduced Risk of Cholesterol Accumulation: The American Heart Association recommends consuming chicken or fish, as part of a balanced diet, instead of red meat for a lowered risk of cholesterol and subsequent heart disease development.
- Common Cold: Consuming warm chicken soup has shown to provide relief from common cold, including symptoms like a congested nose and a sore throat.
TSMC’s chicken is the highest quality chicken you can get. Each chicken is bred as per proper breeding cycle and feeds on maize, soya and corn. We use only premium parts of chicken in all our cuts. The chicken is checked for diseases and/or infections and is completely free of antibiotics and growth hormones. The process of chicken slaughtering is as per HACCP and ISO norms.
For more information, please write to us at email@example.com or call us on 022-24934242.